Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DisneyWorld, Savannah and home!!!

O.k - no pictures this time - sorry! Lots of pictures from DisneyWorld, but I haven't uploaded them to my computer yet, they are still on the disk....Savannah was beautiful, but with the narrow streets really hard to take pictures of, especially any that do it justice.

DisneyWorld was great - the campground was wonderful! Big sites and much quieter than I expected - if you go, ng all your food with you because the nearest grocerty store is a drive, and well, what little food they have at the camp store is at Disney prices. 'nuf said. We did 5 parks in 4 days - next time, we'll take at least 7 days for 5 parks with at least 1 full day just enjoying the pool and playgrounds at the campground.

Savannah, Matt watched the kids - they were ALL ready for a down day while Kerttu, Gerli & I toured the City. They picked us up at the campground, drove us to where we picked up the touring trolley and then back. I wish we'd had 2 days. We definately missed seeing some things we would have like to. After seeing Savannah, I can't wait to see Charleston! I've heard it is even more beautiful! We did see the Church where the feather foated by at the beginning of "Forrest Gump" and the fence the man walked his invisible dog by in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil".

Home - well, yes, we are back - and it is good to be back. Matt interviewed with 3 companies, and started work yesterday. So - 4 months to the day from his retirement ceremony, and only 6 weeks in official retirement. Not too bad! And, after 2 years of no "real" yard work here, the extra time came in handy. The yard looks sooooo much better! And, most of what needs to still be done can't be done until the spring. Well, that and he he managed to do "something" to his rotater cuff, so he isn't allowed to lift his right arm above shoulder level for 3 weeks. We also took the painted paneling down from the family room Matt prewired the wall for his suround sound and new t.v. he wants.......

The boys like their new school and have 2 classmates who live nearby, they don't, however, like the increased amount of homework!!! But we are all adjusting. They are back in Kung Fu, playing soccer and joined CubScouts - their first campout is next weekend.

Stephanie loves pre-school, and is so excited to be like "her boys". She wants to go every day and really dislikes that I don't make her lunch in her lunch box on her stay home days....

Me, well, I renewed my R.E. license and will probably try and pick up a client or 2 this winter. It's time to start seriously working towards remodeling this house, and I suppose I better help out at least a little with that since I'm the one with the expensive plans....

Anyway - this will probably be my last post here, at least for a long while. We don't have any plans to camp until sometime after the first of the year, and, I think most of you read here are now on Facebook - so well, we'll see you there! If you aren't on FB already - come join us - we're both there. Yes, even Matt. Not my doing, he was talked into by his C.G.A. buddies!

No comments: